Pages

Monday, August 07, 2006

We're back!

I can't believe how quickly two months have flown! It's time to accept the reality that I need to get back to work. It's hard. Especially when I already got used to Jaden being attached to me, being with her the whole day...and now, leaving her for a couple of hours saddens me. But that's a fact I had to accept. I need to get use to our new set up. For the meantime, mother is taking care of her and I will just fetch her after work.

The first few weeks of her life had been a challenge to us...to our faith, finances and our being new parents. (see previous post). But thank God, we get by. God never failed to show us that He's always there and always approachable. I'm very much happy to announce that her CT Scan result was NORMAL with no significant findings...which means we have to worry no more. She's back to her normal activity and no more antibiotics to take... Thank God.

I'm also glad that I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight and shape... that Fast! Well, I guess I owed that to my round the clock taking care of my baby with just a couple of minutes to take a nap. They say that breastfeeding will help us go back to our prepregnancy shape...unfortunately, I'm one of those who are not blessed with free flowing milk... :D, I breasfed her for just two weeks. But still, I'm amazed that I'm back in my old self again. I just missed though the time I was breastfeeding her... it was realy a wonderful experience. As a new mother, taking care of her was exhausting, exhilarating, scary, and wonderful all at the same time. And I enjoyed it. Having her really changed my life...our lives.

Jaden is at a really fun, interactive stage right now - gurgling, smiling and kicking her legs when she's happy. I talk to her often and she responds with her cute "coos". She looks at me and smiles as she sees the movement of my lips. As per Jerry, I think he's enjoying his being a father to her. I remember the first time he changed her wet nappy, I was really laughing since he didn't know how to do it.. But now he's learning. He's an excited dad.

Speaking of Jerry, we are doing pretty well as a couple. And now, having Jaden seemed to make our bond stronger. We just celebrated our first wedding anniversary last July 23. It's not an extravagant celebration since we were still at the stage of trial because of our daughter. We just enjoyed our free anniversary cake from Alex Franco (it was really yummy!) and had a romantic dinner in the ambiance and comfort of our home (where else?). Jerry gave me a dozen pink roses. It was sweet. I didn't expect a more expensive gift... The good health God gave to our daughter and the normal results of all her tests was the best gift we've ever received this year.

Lastly, I want to thank all those ladies who visited my blog and prayed for our daughter..It helps to know that there are people who are very much concern and always willing to help through prayers. Thank you very much!

My blog is now up and running again..I will be posting my baby's development from time to time..when I have the time of course :D

First Time DAD

Baby's CT Scan

Our cutie.... active and healthy


my 12 pink roses


Our free anniv cake from Alex Franco....after feasting on it! :D

1 comment:

Faye said...

hi, mhay! it's so nice to see a post from you again. i'm so happy everything turned out fine for jaden. your faith will not really let you down.

and belated happy anniversary pala! kita mo 1 year na pala yun!

take care...