Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'll Drive Some Day

Driving is a scary, interesting art form that I am a little sad to admit that I've never gotten into. It's one of those things in life. I don't think I would have a problem doing it, but there is just something in my way. Maybe I'm just resisting myself for some reason. Or maybe it's a part of God's plan, and it just isn't the right time for me to do this. I had this funny thought that my daughter and I might take Driver's Ed classes together, and maybe pass at the same time. I couldn't really critique her very much, if I was just a novice myself.

Every so often I'll be online, doing something fun when I come across one of those car insurance ads that pop up everywhere. I don't mind ads at all; they are how people and businesses make money online, and all that. But it reminds me of this skill that so many people take for granted, that I do not yet have. I do get a little bit embarrassed by this, as the Philippines has become such a luxurious bed of opportunities to earn plenty of money for nice things like cars. It almost seems like to not have one, let alone to not be able to drive it, means that I am not living up to my potential.

Of course, I also have the big goal of learning more languages. I'm not sure which languages, of course, but there are plenty of great ones to choose from. Maybe I could learn French, and say sweet romantic things to my hubby. I wonder if he would give me flowers more often if I were sweeter to him first. I don't know, but it's worth a try. A girl can only go so long without feeling like she might be doing something wrong, you know? Hope not.


No comments: