Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sisters

My Sister

My sister is my heart.
She opens doors to rooms
I never knew were there,
Breaks through walls
I don't recall building.
She lights my darkest corners
With the sparkle in her eyes.

My sister is my soul.
She inspires my wearied spirit
To fly on wings of angels
But while I hold her hand
My feet never leave the ground.
She stills my deepest fears
With the wisdom of her song.

My sister is my past.
She writes my history
In her eyes I recognize myself,
Memories only we can share.
She remembers, she forgives
She accepts me as I am
With tender understanding.

My sister is my future.
She lives within my dreams
She sees my undiscovered secrets,
Believes in me as I stumble
She walks in step beside me,
Her love lighting my way.

My sister is my strength
She hears the whispered prayers
That I cannot speak
She helps me find my smile,
Freely giving hers away
She catches my tears
In her gentle hands.

My sister is like no one else
She's my most treasured friend
Filling up the empty spaces
Healing broken places
She is my rock, my inspiration.
Though impossible to define,
In a word, she is...my sister.

Poem by Lisa Lorden




It is good to have sisters. Someone whom you can really share ideas with, tell your secrets, shop with, and many more!... I have 4 sisters. Two of them, older than me, are already married, like me!. Two still had no boyfriends...but good for them. I think they're still young. But I love my sisters and I'm so proud to have them.

Truth. We're not perfect. We fight, lalo na when we're still young. Of course, what do you expect with five girls?? we wrestle with each other at times..... we even hurt each other's feelings ..but we never forget the fact that we're sisters. And whatever happens we've got each other..ALWAYS.

I'm glad that though we had different lives now that we've grown, we still have time to spent with each other. So I treasure each moment.

3 comments:

Mec said...

lam mo... i feel the same way about my sister :)

i've always said nga, she's my mentor... because she's inspired me to be a better person...

dionne said...

hi mhay! it's great to have sisters talaga. i have two older ones. =)

~ Mhay ~ said...

hello girls! yeah, it's nice to have sisters talaga. I'm blessed to have 4 of them.makukulit! :D