Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

OB visit

Saturday. It was my schedule for a first visit to my OB-Gyn and guess what.. I was like a child asking questions to my sisters. I felt really nervous...asking myself questions like what's gonna happen?.... What will she do to me?... Is is too early for a visit? Am I really pregnant??? whew! I am really a first timer huh!?!

My schedule was 4 pm. We were there 10 minutes earlier. I was with hubby and older sister. I was weighed, then the nurse checked on my BP, filled up a form then asked us to wait. We waited for the doctor. She came in 4:45pm.

Dra. Janine Tan was really a good OB-gyn. She's my sister's doc and she's so maalaga and mabait with her patients. She's also beautiful. :)

We were called to come in. Guess what she asked first??? my AGE!... she could not believe I was 27! hehehe. Then she asked if I did home preg test, (I said yes) when was the last day of my period(As far As I can recall...ooopps dapat accurate.. I said Sept. 5) , then she calculated and told us that I was on my 6th week and my due date would possibly fall either last week of May or 1st week of June (I used the i-net
due date calculator to compute and my possible due is June 9th 2006). Then she asked me to lie-down and led my hand to where my uterus is and told me that the baby is still unnoticeable and just a size of a rice grain.

After that, she gave me prescription of vitamins and the food I need to eat and what not to eat, and some precautions. The first trimester is critical kasi. She also gave me the schedule of my next visits.

Well, it was great. I will have an ultra sound and urine testing before my next visit. Jerry promised to be with me every time I go to my doc.

Now, I started reading books ("What to Expect When You're Expecting), and browsing internet sites about pregnancy.

We are really thankful that God answered our prayers. He has entrusted in our hands a new life... I will need to be extra careful now.

No comments: