Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Posting after the disaster...

I‘m back to work. If you'll asked if we're affected by the calamity..yes we were. I never thought that we’ll be terribly affected. Minutes after I wrote my post on my other blog, the flood already entered our house and we we’re not able to save a lot of things. It was a horrible experience. But I’m thankful that the Lord did not left us when we need Him most. He kept us safe and nobody in the family got hurt. I feel sorry for those who have lost their love ones…those who have lost their homes. Those that until now have no food to eat, clothes to wear and shelter to live. Those who are struggling to move on.

Yesterday the sun was already up and some parts of the streets were dried. We went around to look for an ATM were I can withdraw some cash but we found none in Marikina. On our way, I saw the great damage the typhoon and the flood left through out Marikina. Mud is all over. It was really a disaster. Upon seeing these I was thinking, how long will we able to restore the whole city. Maybe it will take months.

We were able to find a BPI ATM center at Quezon City and a supermarket nearby. Since it’s hard to buy commodities in Marikina, it was a blessing to us that there’s a supermarket nearby. The place was crowded with shoppers who seem to be on panic buying. I’m just not sure if what they are buying are for their own consumption or for donation to those who were greatly affected. Anyway, I’m thankful that we’re able to buy our basic needs and necessities.

The rest of the day I spent cleaning our house and washing our clothes that got soaked in the flood. And since the supply of electricity was not yet restored, we have no choice but wash all of them using our hands. It was a tiring job. As of this moment, our house is better though our bed and furniture are still soaked.

The whole experience thought us a great lesson in life. And amidst all of these, God is still in control.

No comments: