Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

First Monthsarry and A love Story

Time really flew fast. The glitter and stardust of our wedding was over but the love and the bond between Jerry and I remain. We're not even aware that a month has already past. Geeez!

Three years and 3 months ago, we just passed each other by, not knowing that the Lord has something to do with us.




taken 3 years ago...


Let me start with our story....

My love life was a mess when Jerry came into my life. I was spiritually low, but pretending to be strong and okay. I was involved in an unhealthy relationship for 6 years with a man. I was blinded. Later did I realize I have wasted six years of my life committing to a man unworthy of the love I can give. I know that God does not want me to be complacent of my situation that time. He has a high standard when it comes to his child's would-be-partner in life. So I believe that somehow, I can be free and regained my self worth. Somewhere, sometime, I could find the right man for me who will truly value and love me.

It was 2002 when Jerry came. He was introduced to us by our senior pastor. I barely know him. All I know is that he's from Zamboanga and he will be our youth pastor. We then became friends. Unknowingly, he has started liking me and giving me special attention every time we meet at the church. He knew all about my notorious relationship with my boyfriend. He constantly gives me advice as a pastor. He was the one, who opened my eyes and showed me that I still have choices, that I should never settle for less when God intends me to get His highest plan for me. He taught me to make radical decisions.

I started admiring him for that. And I started making steps to what I deem is necessary. I broke up with my boy friend (not because I already love someone else but because I know that was the right thing to do). He wouldn't let me but I was adamant. He started threatening me and spreaded lies about me even to people close to us. Because of that I was hated.

Jerry came to rescue me. He was there for me all throughout that stage of my life. But I was so stubborn. There was a time that I felt I'm missing my ex. Though we already broke up, I have constant communication with him because he wanted me to come back and I gave in. I know how I've hurt Jerry's feelings so much. So I stood up and decided I'm not going to commit the same mistake again. I'll let go of him and move on with my new life. And I'm glad he still accepted me.

I know I have made the right decision for I never felt so loved the way Jerry love me. He's one of the greatest gifts God had given me. I then knew that he has dreamt of me even before we meet. He said God told him in his dream that I'm the one He has destined for him. Sounds corny? Yeah... well, God also confirmed to me that he's the one for me. Well, I'm glad that we found each other in the right place at the right time. Now, we're in love and we're happily married.

Yes, our relationship is not perfect. We had our own flaws and imperfections. But we believe that as we put God in the center of our relationship our bond will last. No love can survive through the years without some scratches and dents. There will be those inevitable conflicts that will cause our relationship to shake, rattle, and roll. But we believe that we can work effectively to steady the ship that we're in, our love will go stronger, more vibrant and mature. The quality and the depth of our love make all the difference in the world. True, we are not the same today as we were three years ago, and neither is our love relationship. We constantly evolve as we mature and our circumstances change. But our love is deepening and we trust God for a wonderful lifetime together.

We're married for a month now and we're counting. We're committed to be married for a lifetime.....For better or for worse, 'till death do us part. AMEN!

No comments: