Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Our Wedding

Originally our wedding date is June 25. I want to be a June bride din kasi. But later on, Jerry suggested na July na lang after my birthday. ("Loko din yung asawa ko. Mukhang magtitipid sa gift! Siyempre naman isahang gift na lang siya for our anniversary and my birthday...ang daya!!!) Pero the idea is ok with me so we moved it to July 23.

It was in September 2004 when Jerry proposed. Medyo nabigla din ako nun dahil I didn't expect na seryoso siya sa sinabi niya. Before kasi pag sinasabi niya "Let's get married..." may kasunod na "basta...next year." Pero seryoso nga siya talaga dahil he already set the date. October, I started my preps. I joined
W@W thru Toni then I set up our blog and wedsite na... at first, wala pa kong masyadong mailagay sa blog and other info sa website dahil parang ang aga ng preparation ko, wala pang masyadong nagyayari. Search-search stage pa lang ako nun and when I got ideas, I take note of it and file it on my clearbook. January, namanhikan sila Jerry. After that, nag start na ko bumili ng mga materials for the souvenirs and entourage's dresses.


The preparation was tiring but exciting...Then came the BIG DAY.

July 23, 2005 - 6:00 a.m.

It was a wonderful and beautiful day. The sun was up. I don't know if it's because of excitement or what. Ang aga ko nagising as in! kahit puyat last night. Before ako bumaba I prayed first. I thanked God for the wonderful weather and I asked Him to be with us on our special day.

Everybody was up at 6:30 am. My mother prepared breakfast but I didn't manage to eat a lot. Everyone is relaxed while having chit-chats at the breakfast table.

At 8 am, Ms. Lory was already at the venue to assist with the set up. Around 8:30 am., our service car came to pick us up and bring us to Villa Ronar. My coordinator also texted me that Michelle, my MUA was already there. Grabe ang aga nila! During this time, wala pa akong maramdaman. Parang it was just another normal day...

We arrived at Villa Ronar at 9 am. Balak ko pa nga umalis pagkahatid sa female entourage ko dahil wala pi-pick up ng butterflies sa Acclaim. Buti na lng my brother in law volunteered to pick up our flowers tapos diretso sila sa mega to pick up the butterflies. I just assisted Ms. Lory for other things and gave her some instructions and reminders.

Akyat na ko sa bridal room. Si Michelle naman nag start na sa entou ko. After she finished doing my 3 sister's make up, sinunod na niya ko. I reminded Ms. Lory about the food which we asked a friend to prepare for the early comers. It should be delivered before 11 am. pero 12nn na wala pa, kaya yun gutom na talaga kaming lahat. Dumating yung food kasabay ng team ng Decisive so siempre wala na ko time kumain dahil pagdating nila they started shooting na. Grabe ang gulo na ng room ko. I was surprised din kasi when Mr. Mel Cortez and I talked he told me that he will give me 1 professional photojournalist and 1 trainee pero 4 photographers ang dumating and the videographer. Sobra talaga akong natuwa sa dami ng photographers, hindi ko alam kung san ako titingin. Nangawit ang panga ko kaka-ngiti at kaka-project. Now I know, ang hirap pala talaga maging artista!!

My flowers arrived on time din as well as the butterflies, all of them are alive pa naman. The flowers were all beautiful. Mang Boy ang Mang Jon really did a wonderful job. After shooting my preparation, baba naman sila sa room ni Jerry. That was the time na nakakain na ko. Ang bilis ko kumain kasi after a while I know babalik nanaman sila sa room ko to shoot more pictures of me and my entourage. During that time, it rained! As in ang lakas talaga ng ulan with matching lightning and thunder. I was like..."O, my! Bakit umulan???" I could see everyone's faces, talagang nagpe-pray sila. Naisip ko din, baka sa lakas ng ulan hindi na dumating yung ibang guests. But I didn't worry. I thought titigil din yan before the start of the ceremony...buti na lang covered yung venue ko. Past 3 pm. Umuulan pa rin. I was so worried na dahil iniisip ko pati paano kami mag-mmarch if its raining? The program should start by 4.. 4:00 di pa rin siya humihinto. Finally, I decided na mag start na kami. My coordinator told me na sa loob na lang kami mag march dahil nga umaambon pa rin. I didn't like the idea pero wala ako magagawa. Ayoko naman mabasa ang mga sponsors ko. Baka ma-wash out make ups nila... at 4:30 Ms. Lory arranged the entourage for the processional na. While she and my other friends were lining them up I saw na nag-clear na yung sky and konting ambon na lang so I told Ms. Lory na sa labas kami mag ma-march. Thank God tolerable naman yung ambon although medyo pinayungan ako para hini mabasa. Kainis nga eh, nakapayong ako sa ibang pics! But then, I was so relieved that after all, hindi pa rin na ruin ng rain ang wedding ko.

I then proceed to the entrance gate for my march. While I was there, I could hear na hindi nagawa yung nire-hearse namin for the processional. I don't know what happened kasi yung song na supposed to be sang during the processional hindi na nakanta ng male singer ko. He was able to sing some part na lang. And I was so inis talaga. Pero I just let go. When it was my turn to walk, I waited for my sister. Kasi siya yung kakanta ng bridal march ko and I did'’t start walking until I heard her start singing the first line of the song "Panunumpa". Iba pala talaga ang feeling ng naglalakad sa aisle. I can't describe it. Tense na excited and parang wala na kong nakikita, basta I looked straight (though medyo uneasy ako sa paglalakad dahil pala hawak pa ng isang assistant ang train ko while I was walking). In the middle of the aisle sinalubong ako ng parents ko. Nakita ko nangingilid na ang tears ng father ko. When we reach the altar and it was for my father's turn to answer the question "Who will give this woman in marriage?"... hindi na nakapag salita ng diretso ang father ko. Naiiyak na talaga siya. Pati yung message niya for Jerry while giving me to him, hindi na rin niya nasabi ng diretso. Ang tatay ko talaga...

The ceremony went well naman. Our officiating minister said that "Marriage is not just a contract..." kaya hindi daw dapat tawagin na Marriage Contract kundi Marriage Certificate. Kasi contract only binds two parties for 1, 2 or couple of years but Marriage is a lifetime commitment that only death can separate... Ayan, lifetime na kong committed sa asawa ko. At wala nang solian!

When the pastor announced us as husband and wife, everyone clapped their hands and my MOH released the live butterflies. (it should be released during my march pero nakalimutan na nila so ginawan na lang ng paraan kung saan pwede.) Ok pa rin naman ang effect nila. Parang nag grand entrance ang mga butterflies ko. Sobrang happy ng feeling namin that time. Finally, we're married!!!

After the ceremony, the plan is we will be driving outside to have a photo shoot sa park. Pero dahil nga umulan basa ang lupa so maputik sa park. We had no choice but to stay sa venue and had our photo shoot na lang somewhere. Buti na lang Villa Ronar had a lot of pretty good spots. While we are doing the photo shoot, our emcee started the reception program na. Una syempre parade of the entourage. After that, our grand entrance. Medyo pumalpak din ang song sa grand entrance namin. "Love you more today than Yesterday" kasi yun and my cue is the intro of the song, which is very lively pero nag play yung cd sa 1st part na. Buti naman hindi halata at ok pa rin. During the reception, I saw that everyone enjoyed the food but me. Hindi talaga ako nakakain. I don't know kung busog ako or walang gana. Ganun pala talaga yun. Pero pagkita ko sa asawa ko, grabe kain talaga siya! Jerry managed to finish everything that was served to us. Buti na lang natikman ko ang food during the food tasting. (After nga ng wedding saka ko lang naramdaman ang gutom ko.)

Ang saya ng reception cause my emcee managed it very well. The cake cutting and wine tosting was romantically and perfectly done. The bouquet toss was so fun, nagagawan talga ang mga singles ladies sa roses... During our first dance naman, nagkaroon ng time na makapag sayaw din both our parents and other couple. Ang saya talaga. Marj was able to make them dance. After that, she announced the "Pasabit" tradition and everyone participated. Ang galing talaga ng emcee ko. Hindi ko alam na magagawa namin maincorporate sa program ang money dance or the "pasabit" kasi nahihiya talaga kami. But Marj insisted that we do that and it was a blast!

Another highlight of our program is our duet. After the message of our parents and 2 of our dearest friends, Marj announced that we'll be having a duet. Well, gusto lang talaga namin kumanta para may variety ng konti. The song is very special and memorable to us kasi it was the first song that we sang as a couple (BF and GF). We first sang it during my sister's wedding and 1 month pa lang kaming on nun. Buti na lang madami pang guest and naka-witnessed though last part na siya ng program ginawa (it was suposedly part of our grand entrance) and inantay talaga nila yung part na yun.

Though nag-exceed kami sa time, everything went well. Our AE sa Villa Ronar told us after na ang ganda ng wedding namin. After the wedding nga yung ibang expenses na na-incur namin, binigyan niya kami ng discount. Super talaga ang service ng VR sa amin and the way Queenie, our AE, dealt with us all throughout, wala akong masabi...thumbs up kami! Though there were glitches, indeed our wedding was one of the most memorable parts of our relationship.

In the end, we didn't have any regrets at all. Cause we managed to have a wonderful wedding at less cost. Truly God revealed Himself as our comforter during the times na nagaaway na kami sa preps, those times na magkalayo kami sa isa't-isa, and the provider of our every need for the wedding.

Now, we're married. Bagong role nanaman ang gagampanan ko as his wife. There will be some adjustments. Still there will be good times and bad times, but I'm now confident cause I'm sharing it with my one true love. Though we have unusual set up because of his work, I know that there will come a time na palagi na kaming magkakasama. I know that the Lord will be with us.... MIZPAH

No comments: