Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Let's cook

Being married means having to learn new things including cooking. I really love cooking! one of my fave spot in the house is the kitchen (san pa ba??). And speaking of cooking, I'm not really a very good cook, more on imbento kasi ako eh :D. I do love preparing pasta dishes. My family loves my pasta every Christmas (different kinds of it every year). Di ko pa lang nata-try mag-bake (hmm...next mission ko yun---baking lesson!). But I'm proud to say that my husband loves everything I cooked for him whenever he's home. Let me share to you one of my favorite, and easy to prepare recipe. (kahit nakapikit pwedeng gawin! hehehe!)

Buttered Chicken Adobo
(adobo is not my favorite but I've learned few things on how to make it a little special)

Ingredients:

1/2 kilo chicken (cut into serving size)
1 cup dark soysauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp. pepper (crushed)
1 tsp. bay leaf
1 glove garlic (minced) -- pero mas marami, mas yummy!
1 tsp. butter
oil for frying

Here's how I do it:

After cleaning the chicken, mix all ingredients except for the cooking oil. make sure that all ingredients are mixed well. Then, marinate the chicken into the mixture for 3-4 hours (or even overnight if you want). Once ready, heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken. But don't over fry. When brown, pour in marinade and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with love.

I've tried this recipe plenty of times na and it's always a hit. Try nyo din :)

8 comments:

joy said...

sis! u should rily try baking!!! am sure Jerry will love u even more with the sweet goodies...

~ Mhay ~ said...

I'd really love to learn baking sis, love ko din pastries and brownies eh. yaan mo i'll spend time on it. Baking 101 :) hehehe.

Mec said...

hay naku sister... am sure you'd learn as you go along...

i actually know a lot of dishes na...pero nde talaga interested in cooking...

i've been kidding Jojo nga...i'll feed him soup forever :D

mrslovey said...

Hi mhay.grabe nagutom ako sa post mo...hmm..im not very good at adobo especially with chicken. i fail most of the time with chicken and fish. ewn ko ba bkt. but i know how to cook nman. madami din ako naluluto na masarap ky hubby except adobo kc di lasang adobo..hehe! with ur recipe ill try once more.keep sharing.

~ Mhay ~ said...

mec sis.. gusto ko rin matutunan mga recipes mo :D

~ Mhay ~ said...

sure, anne!. I'll post pa. balitaan mo ko sa adobo ha:D

~ Mhay ~ said...

inggit ako kay mec so i finally signed up on multiply. You can view more recipes there

~ Mhay ~ said...

my multiply account