Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Christmas

Since it's our first time to spend Christmas without our daddy, Jaden and I were not that happy. I for one, was not that inspired to cook for our noche buena. I just contributed cash for the whole family's dinner, which my mother and sister are the assigned cooks. We spent our Christmas with my parents and my brothers and sisters.



Ten minutes before Christmas, hubby called to greet us all. He asked me to lead the prayer and worship before dinner. It was his usual task every year, and since he's not here, it was passed on to me :).

Before dinner, we first had our gift giving and simple program for the kids. Nakakatuwa during the gift giving because the kids are really so excited to received plenty. May mga nagtampo pa nga kasi hindi pa natatawag ang name nila when almost everybody is already opening their presents. After opening the gifts, which is the most exciting and enjoying one, we had our dinner. I led the exhortation. I led them to the passage from Isiah 9:6 and the nativity story as narrated by Luke. It was a time when we got a bit emotional as we remember the reason why we celebrate Christmas. I'm just glad that everyone understand it. Di rin ako masyado makapag invite to go and get crazy or get overly excited since our yaya was mourning. Her grandmother died morning of December 24th. But I'm glad that she's okay and still joined the fun.

After dinner we already went home since Jaden was already sleepy. When we got home, she was still able to opened her gifts..after she opened the last box, nakatulog na rin agad.

The next day, we just stayed again to my parents house. No where to go since I know the malls are jampacked. I just bonded with my daughter instead.



Yesterday, our yaya left for La Union to visit her parents and her grandmother. She'll be back on January 2 pa.

So like Toni, we're yaya less. :D I was on leave din yesterday because Jaden got colds and fever, good thing, she's ok now.

1 comment:

theworkingmom said...

Another yaya-less mommy here...for the meantime :). It seems like you had a great Christmas celebration, despite everything. Take care!