Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday: God is Able



"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
~2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

The fast four months that the husband is here without work, our finances is affected. The family depends only with what I received every payday. Compare to what we have when he was still working, it's way different. We are now on a scrimping mode. The house that we intend to get from HDMF is also affected. Until now, we can't transfer because of that. But amidst all these, we are still thankful that God never leaves us.
  • He is giving us enough provision to sustain us.
  • He is always there to meet our needs. Small miracles do happen. A need is met when we least expect it. He is always on time.
  • I'm thankful for the joy of having the husband's presence. The happiness of my daughter being with her dad cannot be bought buy money.
  • I'm thankful that there are some other things I can do to help earn extra and when I pray to give me enough tasks, it's always an answered prayer.
God is really good! And so I'll quote...

    1 Chronicles 29:11-13(KJV)

    "Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
    and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
    for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
    Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
    you are exalted as head over all.

    Wealth and honor come from you;
    you are the ruler of all things.
    In your hands are strength and power
    to exalt and give strength to all.

    Now, our God, we give you thanks,
    and praise your glorious name."


9 comments:

Denise said...

Great thankful list.

Pia said...

thank God for His provision. He knows what you need and when you need it.

Debbie Petras said...

Times are tough but God is indeed able to meet our needs. He has perfect timint too.

Rocks said...

God is our great provider! And HE is never too late :)

na said...

God's timing is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Lynn said...

Been in some tight corners many times, but none that sound quite like yours. Thank you for holding on to your faith in the midst of a very difficult situation. It will be an inspiration to many.

Unknown said...

Girl,

I know exactly where you live. My husband lost his job over seven months ago. We now have a new nornal.

Even when he starts working again. I will never treat my finances the same.

For that, I am truly thankful. God has taught me so much. Blessings to you. Hugs.

i said...

You have such a thankful heart. I too am thankful for God's provision, especially in this hard times. Many blessings to you!

Rita T. said...

Great list. It's hard to trust when times are hard but so worth the effort.