Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Privileged



The LORD is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Exodus 15:2
Last Sunday, our topic was the 7 Churches of Asia which was mentioned by John on Revelations. Our pastor let us watched a video about a group's journey in Ephesus (now Turkey) and as they go to their journey, several things were revealed to me. Indeed we are privileged that we lived in the present times were we are free to express our worship to God. We are privileged that Christians now are not being persecuted like what Paul and John experienced before. But I admire the passion and courage of Paul and John as they faithfully do their mission in Ephesus, a place of great immorality during their time. This week, I was able to attend a worship shed session gathering and our guest speaker reiterated the privilege we have in serving God that we, Christians should not neglect. That message dawned on me.


  1. I'm thankful for the responsibility of being a worship leader in our church. I believe that I did not chose to be one but He chose me. And that's a privilege.
  2. I'm thankful for the different activities our church is producing for workers like me which made us realize more the importance of our duties not only in the church but to the people around us.
  3. I'm thankful for the freedom we have now to read God's word, worship Him in the open, and proclaim His grace and salvation that early Christians didn't experience because of persecution.
  4. I'm thankful that everyday the Holy Spirit is there to remind me, convict me and correct me, that way, I know I am able to walk according to His will.
  5. I'm thankful for the good health, daily provision and protection He is extending to me and to my loved ones.
God is really Good! and I give Him praise. Share the things you're thankful for here.




2 comments:

Denise said...

You have such a beautiful thankful heart.

Laurie Ann said...

It sounds like that study was a great one. I'd have enjoyed it. Great list of blessings. Happy Thankful Thursday!