Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Shepherd of My Soul


1The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters. 3He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23

I know my post is a li'l bit late. I wasn't able to write my entry earlier because I needed to attend to an important matter this morning... Anyway, last night I attended our midweek service and our pastor is sharing a series on " God's Lost and Found" . Last night, he shared about the lost sheep which can be found in Luke 15: 1-7. As he shared, I am able to understand more deeply God's goodness to us. Yeah, we are like sheep who really needs a shepherd and I am thankful that He is a good shepherd in deed.

  1. I'm thankful for God's salvation. He is so compassionate enough that he even made the first step to our salvation. He did not let us to be wandering around like lost sheep.He made His salvation available even to us " gentiles'
  2. I'm thankful for those people who prayed for me. I believe that someone prayed for me so I can be saved. And that is what I am committing to do as well...to pray for those people who needs salvation. I know nothing is impossible with God he can break even the hardest heart.
  3. I'm thankful for God's protection. provision, rescue, and the rest that I can find only through Him.

What are you thankful for this week? Share it here.

3 comments:

LAURIE said...

Nice TT post. I am thankful for God's goodness...isn't He a good God? -Happy TT!

Laurie Ann said...

Such awesome blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful list.