Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Don't Worry

This month, Laurie of Women Taking A Stand is the host of Thankful Thursday.


25 "I tell you, do not worry. Don't worry about your life and what you will eat or drink. And don't worry about your body and what you will wear. Isn't there more to life than eating? Aren't there more important things for the body than clothes?

26 "Look at the birds of the air. They don't plant or gather crops. They don't put away crops in storerooms. But your Father who is in heaven feeds them. Aren't you worth much more than they are?

27 "Can you add even one hour to your life by worrying?

28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the wild flowers grow. They don't work or make clothing. 29 But here is what I tell you. Not even Solomon in all of his glory was dressed like one of those flowers.

30 "If that is how God dresses the wild grass, won't he dress you even better? After all, the grass is here only today. Tomorrow it is thrown into the fire. Your faith is so small!

31 "So don't worry. Don't say, 'What will we eat?' Or, 'What will we drink?' Or, 'What will we wear?' 32 People who are ungodly run after all of those things. Your Father who is in heaven knows that you need them.

33 "But put God's kingdom first. Do what he wants you to do. Then all of those things will also be given to you.

34 "So don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:25-34


My husband will be returning soon..and soon means 13 days to go. And that also means he won't have a job anymore for a month or two. And because of that, I've spent so much time worrying lately...and it ain't good, I know. I'm thankful though that our midweek service's topic deals on WORRY. And I'm thankful that I've finally surrendered this area of my life to God. The verse above alone speaks strongly about my problem. Why should I worry when I have a God, who knows everything, right?

This week, I'm thankful for
  • His provision, every need is being met.
  • His forgiveness, I've worried so much and I'm glad I know I was forgiven.
  • His peace, that comforts and assures...and
  • The love and understanding between me and my husband. Sometimes we have differences but we always end up understanding and loving each other.

Visit here for more thankful entries.


10 comments:

Grammy said...

I love the verses you posted and how true. We all seem to be on the same page today with peace and joy in our hearts. Happy TT.

Pia said...

mhay, i've learned (the hard way) that it's useless to worry. we need to trust our Source to provide for us everything we need. well, i'm not saying that i don't worry anymore. that ugly head still shows up once in a while but i make it a point to counter it with His Word. it's really hard work not to worry but by His grace we can do it.

God bless you.

Denise said...

Amen, God will take good care of you.

Unknown said...

God will provide all that you need.

God is faithful and good all of the time!

Blessings today!
Jill

LAURIE said...

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart (and those great scriptures) with us on TT! God said that He cares for even the sparrow, so how much more does He take care of our needs? So many times in my life ... God has been faithful to this very promise. Happy TT! -Laurie

Laurie Ann said...

God will provide. I love your trust in Him. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Raye Ann said...

Your list sounds a lot like mine. I am so glad that we can be tankful in these things. Have a blessed TT.
Blessings

Jerralea said...

It's so human to worry, but I need to remind myself how much God loves me -- He will work everything to my good!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your time when your husband is home.

na said...

I try very hard not to worry so much and remember those verses when I start to...I needed this reminder today because I truly didn't need to worry (even though I did...a little). Have a wonderful day!

Rita T. said...

I don't have transportation to church this morning so I'm reading through some Thankful Thursday posts. I am SO glad I found yours as it is very meaningful to me today. I'm trying hard to rely on God's promises in the midst of really hard times. Thanks so much for the great message!