Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday: God's Rightenousness


I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread" (Ps. 37:25)
I've been contemplating on these verse lately...
  • "...not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith." -- (Philippians 3:9)
  • "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree" (Ps. 92:12).
  • "When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth" (Prov. 11:10).
  • "The seed of the righteous shall be delivered" (Prov. 11:21).
  • "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers" (1 Pet. 3:12).
  • "For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield" (Ps. 5:12).
  • "The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles" (Ps. 34:17).
  • "The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein forever" (Ps. 37:29).
  • "The Lord loveth the righteous" (Ps. 146:8).
And I promised my self to become God's righteousness. To think, speak, and live in His righteousness.

  • I'm thankful for the Word that convicts when there are things that I do that do not conform with God's righteousness.
  • I'm thankful for God provision. This week, He had provided what is enough for the day and gave it on time.
  • I'm thankful for friends who trust me to pray for them and for the opportunity to really pray for them as well.
  • I'm thankful for Worship Shed Session that I'm attending every last Monday of the month. It equips me to become an effective worship leader/worshiper.

More thankful Thursday entries here.


4 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing these great verses.

Grammy said...

I really needed to see all the positive bible quotes you posted. I am glad you have found a great place to learn and worship.

Lori said...

Thank you for this verses on God's righteousness. I pray you have a wonderful day!

Laurie Ann said...

Love these verses and your lovely list of blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday!