Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Thankful Thursday: He's There



I sought the Lord, and he answered me,
and delivered me from all my fears.

(Psalm 34:4)

I am not able to attend our midweek service last night. My sister sent me a text message that we need to rush our youngest brother to the hospital. She said he needs to undergo an operation (she said the procedure is called thoracortomy) ASAP because his right lung is already congested with fluid. I was stunned upon reading the message. Since I am the only one who can take him to the hospital, I went immediately to the house to assist my brother.

In times like this, truly we can only trust in God because He’s in control of everything. When he was undergoing a procedure prior to another chest X-Ray, I was praying. While inside the X-Ray room and while he was there lying on the bed, I was praying. Truly God is great and he is good and I thank him for that.
  1. I thank God for the strength he gave me during that time.
  2. I thank God that the result of the latest X-Ray confirms that it’s not fluid and he does not need to undergo an operation.
  3. I thank God for the peace in our hearts and minds and the comfort God gave us.

God is indeed a great healer and an ever present help in time of need.

More thankful entries here.


5 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful thankful post..Your wee one is just GORGEOUS.......

Denise said...

Praise God for healing your brother.

Sweet Blessings said...

Blessings to you! Happy Thursday! Amanda:)

Laurie Ann said...

Praise God for this news. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Rita T. said...

So glad your brother doesn't need the operation. God takes care of us so perfectly. Have a great rest of the week.