Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday: We're Free


"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
Luke 15:22


We’ve just finished the series of God’s Lost and Found last night. These are stories and parable of Jesus which were told in the book of Luke, which includes the parable of the lost sheep, the parable of the lost coin and the parable of the lost son. Truth be told, I’ve only came to understand deeper these parables because of our pastor’s series. And the bottom line is about God’s immeasurable love for the lost soul. And because of that love we’ve become free. He set us free!

As Christians we are indeed blessed. And we should not keep this blessing to ourselves. We have a responsibility to reach out, as God wanted us, the lost and help them to be set free.

I’m thankful for my salvation and I am more grateful that I realized these things. Now, I have the deep longing to be able to go and help save the lost.

This week, I am also thankful that my domain is finally up and running. Thanks to my ever-supportive friend, Milet.

What are you thankful for this week? Join or read more thankful entries here


3 comments:

Denise said...

Such sweet blessings.

Jerralea said...

Thanks for the reminder that with freedom comes responsibility to reach out to the lost.

God bless you!

Laurie Ann said...

Great post and a great blessing! Happy Thankful Thursday!