Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Random


25"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'

28"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'

31" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

Luke 15: 25-32


We've discussed last night during our midweek service the story of the Lost Sibling. A continuation of our series: God's Lost and Found. Our pastor discussed how it is also important to look not just the situation of the prodigal son but the jealous sibling as well.

  • I'm thankful that I have now a better understanding of the story. That the story talks about two different kinds of person. For people who are lost in sin and needs to be saved and the people like the elder son who are upset that God blesses other people.
  • I'm thankful that through this story, I appreciate more my parents. How they love us and how we should love and respect them in return.
  • And I'm thankful that I understand more the meaning of this statement: "Our time alone with God is more important that our service (works)"
  • Also, I'm thankful for my friend's gift. He bought me a book "Exploring Worship" when he went to visit Singapore last week. It was a good book!

More thankful entries here.



10 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you dear one.

Ms. Theophilus said...

I'm thankful God is revealing himself to you through his word!

Rocks said...

Hi Mhay! I love the title of your blog :) I a married too and happy about it!

God bless your thankful heart! Love that prodigal son story too. I have read it and heard it many times but God reveals something new each time.

Grammy said...

Happy Thankful Thursday.
Am amazing list to be thankful for.

Tammy said...

The prodigal son is a wonderful story. I love how we can read a story from the Word and each time learn something new. Have a blessed WFW!

Laurie Ann said...

What a great post. I haven't thought much about the other son or the perspective that he may represent those who get mad because God blesses others. I know people like this, though, and it makes perfect sense to me.

I'm so glad you shared.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Rita T. said...

Great post. The Scripture you shared is one of my favorites. Have a blessed day!

annies home said...

I am so thankful that you were given the insight of this. I believe he places people in our lives to help us with understanding

bp said...

I'm glad you are learning so much.

God bless you!
Bethany

Pia said...

God bless your grateful heart, mhay. may He reveal Himself more to you as you seek Him.