Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In "other"Words: Knowing God more and more


One of the most wonderful things about knowing God is that there's always so much more to know, so much more to discover.Just when we least expect it, He intrudes into our neat and tidynotions about who He is and how He works.
~ Joni Eareckson Tadaby ~

Two of the characters of God that I have tested and proven are His faithfulness and kindness. Some of His characters that never changes overtime. He has been faithful to me and gracious and kind in forgiving me whenever I fall.

And overtime, God is gradually showing himself more to me as I allow my self to seek Him. When I accepted Him as my personal Lord, he reveals himself to me as a Savior. And as I seek Him, I’m learning more of His characters…His never changing nature. His love that is so steadfast…that He is slow to anger and abounding in love. He’s power so great…that he can be the King of kings but He can also be our daddy and friend at the same time…

We can never say that we are already filled with the knowledge of God, because we can’t. Indeed there are so much more to know and so much to discover about our maker. There’s a saying which goes, the created cannot be more knowledgeable than his creator. And it’s true. He works on ways we cannot expect. God is truly amazing.

Being part of the worship ministry in our church, I am just so thankful at how God reveals himself to me that I am able to share it to the people as I minister to them. And every time I prepare my line up of songs, each time is a different theme about Him. I am just amazed at how God is really so wonderful. And none can really compare to Him.

And this is for sure…if we have this kind of knowledge about God we can truly depend on His word that says:

“Be still and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10

God can be anything or anybody for us at every circumstances or situations we are into.

This week's IOW is hosted by Susan of Forever His . She has chosen a quote by Joni Eareckson Tadaby.

5 comments:

Traci said...

Amen.

Susan said...

Mhay,

This was really great. I'm so glad God is using you as you minister to others in worship.

"God can be anything or anybody for us at every circumstances or situations we are into..."

How true!!

Karen said...

As I "allow" myself to seek Him. Bingo! How true it is. Thanks so much.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Love this. Thanks.

twinklemom said...

God is such an awesome God because just as soon as we think we know Him; He takes us to a new level of understanding and amazement of His Glory!