Pages

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My sister's wedding last Saturday...

...made me sick...literally!

I was the day-coordinator and my older sister and I stood as emcees during the reception. It went out good. Although there are some glitches, which I think not our fault naman :D. It was a garden wedding held at L' Orchard in Antipolo. The whole event was decided by the groom's parents. So that means, wala akong say on some areas during the preparation, which I think was difficult on the part of any person in charge in coordinating an event. Whew!!

It went out ok if not cpunting some unexpected circumstances like:

  • The caterer was late on setting up the venue for the ceremony and reception areas. It was really a big headache!
  • It rained 30 minutes before the ceremony so, we started late as well. The ceremony area was totally washed out!
  • One of the sponsors (a politician) didn't even had the chance to witness the ceremony. He left just before it started. May appointment daw kasi ng 5pm so he needs to leave before 5. And because of that I was pressured by the groom's parents. The ceremony should start at 4pm but since it rained the groom's father requested that we wait until the rain stops. It stopped at 4:30 but we need to re-arrange the area tapos the mother naman kept on telling me to start na because the mayor will leave daw in 5 minutes! Ano ba yun?!? Nakakaloka talaga! :D
  • Some important items for the ceremony were missing or I think not properly coordinated by the groom's parents with the caterer like the holder for the unity candle, the kneelers and the podium. They told me kasi everything was confirmed and settled na with the caterer, so on my part I didn't put much attention on that. If I only knew....
  • The sound system came early and their sound was good. I just didn't understand why it was a wedding and yet they don't have enough love songs to play for the pipe-in music during the reception. I gave them clear instructions plus a cd to use during the reception but they didn't play it. Kainis!!!
  • There are many other things pa. I just don't want to elaborate on them na lang....:D
Haaaayyyy....after the reception, I felt like collapsing! My legs and my head ached so much. I quickly went to the bridal room and change tapos I rested for about 30 minutes. Ang sakit sa ulo! :D

But all in all it was OK. The bride and groom were happy. Their friends and relatives are happy for them. I just hope that my sister with her husband will be united together to forever. I wish them all the best..

Here are some photos I'd like to share with you:

My daughter with her cousin. My niece was one of the flower girl.

My daughter holding a bouquet



Jaden with the bride


ok pa ang itsura ko dito..taken before all the pressures :D

2 comments:

Pam said...

hi mhay.. cute pics of our daughter :)

Me said...

ang cute naman nung photo na hawak nya yung bouquet :D

masarap lang maging bisita sa mga weddings, pag may role ka na, nakaka-stress din ;)