Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's not an Act of God.

Act of God. I hear this a lot lately from our finance officer and our logistic staff who's handling the maintenance of our company cars and insurance. With the recent flood, some of our company cars were affected, that's why they are using the term, "act of God," for insurance claims.

Last night I attended our midweek service since I’ll be the one leading the worship. Our coach shared Genesis chapter 9, God’s covenant with Noah after the great flood. He reiterated God's promises as he placed a covenant between Him and man after that great flood. God said on His words:


Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.

I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.

With this we can conclude that some of the things that we are now experiencing are not acts of God but the effects of man’s actions. Man’s disrespect with nature and man’s negligence. A lot of diseases nowadays like cancers and mesothelioma can be charge as well with man’s negligence, and irresponsibility with nature. So we should not blame God. That’s my stand with regards to the recent flood in our city.


No comments: