Pages

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Still




The typhoon and the flash flood left our city devastated. The recent turn of events in our place was really a shock to everyone. During those times I thought it was our end but I was reminded of the song Still (from Hillsong)...with a line that goes,
"....When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood,
I will be still and know you are God..."


Indeed in my heart I know that I need not be scared, I need not worry cause God is amidst all these. And I am so thankful that the Lord did not leave us. He was our strength during times of crisis. He gave us shelter, He comforted us and above all He kept us safe. Some of our things were ruined by the flood but the most important is that our lives were spared. Thank you God...


4 comments:

Pia said...

mhay, thank God you and your family are safe. that song by hillsong is so appropriate in times like this.

God bless.

Denise said...

Praise God for watching over you. Praying for you.

grace said...

Thank God we are spared with these catastrophe!

Mary said...

Praise God for His loving hand on you and your family. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.