Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

She needs my attention

I realized this past few days that being a working mom and a mommy blogger can really get all my attention away from being a "real" mommy. I feel guilty last Saturday while I was busy on my PC that I did not give enough attention to my daughter. Here’s what happened:

We woke up late, 9:30am na. While the nanny was doing the laundry, I opted to prepare breakfast. The little lady on the other hand was watching Dora DVD. After breakfast, and not feeling the groove to clean the house, I bathed my daughter then turned on my PC and started surfing while the little lady tuned in to Dora. I then got busy surfing….but though my face was glued on the monitor, I could see the little lady walked here and there. And I could hear her mumbled and grumbled while playing all by her self. Then I heard a crash. She already banged her toy. Of course, I was surprised, I went to see what happened. I looked at her {nakasimangot na face} and asked her why she did that to her toy. She quickly hugged me and said “mommy, let’s play”. I was stoked. I realized, it’s Saturday, my only free day to bond with her but there I was, busying my self in front of the PC. So I immediately closed my browser and turned off the computer and gave her my full attention.

We played. Doodled. Colored. Sang. And laughed together.

Time spent with her is more precious than paid reviews. :)

*That is the reason why I was quiet on plurkville :D*


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi

Found you through Entrecard. I see you are a christian and digi-scrapper too :)

Have a great week.

MiLeT said...

hehe. mhay, we have the same sentiments. i am trying my best to limit my online time kasi feeling ko nasa bahay nga ako pero most of the time nasa harap ako ng computer.

JonaBQ said...

Hi mhay! i like your new layout. Nice!

Vanniedosa said...

ako din eh!! same thoughts on plurking while it is fun ~ it can take a chunk of precious quality time w/ the kids.

gotta straighten the priorities ^_^

MiLeT said...

ngaun ko lang naalalang sabihin. ung template mo, mas okay kung sa ff tinitingnan. pag ie nawawala ung date minsan eh.

~ Mhay ~ said...

yap milette. mas ok siya sa FF kesa IE tapos problem din yung date ko minsan kahit ff nawawala. yung maker ng template alam niya yun, even yung iband user ng template na to ganun ang problem :D hehe

~ Mhay ~ said...

Thanks for the comment Jona. It's been a while :D

~ Mhay ~ said...

Milette and Van, I feel guilty talaga kaya from now on, I'll strictly set my online and offline time :D

~ Mhay ~ said...

Hi, Janmay! thanks for visiting my site :D

Raquel said...

Awww, you're so sweet. I agree with you, we should give time with them especially during weekends. From Monday to Friday we are busy so Saturday is the only time and have enough time with our children. Turuan mo nalang syang mag blogging para sabay na kayo. Joke lang...