Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Getting Along With Others

This was our Pastor's topic this morning. Actually, he's on a month-long series on the Principles of Joyful Living and this is one of his topic.

It's hard to get along with others sometimes. Its true, we can't avoid conflict but there's something we can do to resolve them, as Christians. He noted that "God doesn't want us to hold grudges"...

This message touched me in a way. I know I still have some unresolved issues with some people in the past. Being a Christian that I am, I did the things that I should do to resolve it. It's hard to make the first move specially if you're the one who's been wronged, right? But I did forget my pride and try to reconcile. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Maybe at that time, they didn't want to work things out and make up. But I have already forgiven them. I just don't know if the issues are already finished with them. I don't believe in the saying that time heals wounds.. but I hope it did. Well, I just trust that someday, if opportunity comes and God will lead our paths to cross, forgiveness and reconcilliation will take place. I don't want to hold this forever in my heart.

No comments: