Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In "Other"Words: Miracles do happen


"Miracles have happen when God's people come together in prayer"

~ Billy Graham ~

When I was in the midst of an unhealthy relationship, I prayed that God would take me out and give me peace. He answered by allowing me to meet a very good friend, now my husband. Who was God's answer to my prayers. When our daughter was diagnosed of neonatal siezure, we prayed earnestly for God's healing upon her...her lab tests resulted negative. I can add more to my list of answered prayers and my only point here is...there is really POWER in prayer.

Some people take prayer lightly. Some take it as the last resort. Some people only pray when they found themselves helpless. When they're already feeling low and spent..when they are already at witsend. It's as if saying "I have done everything I could, Lord...I'm allowing you to do yours now."...this shouldn't be the case, but most often than not this is what we do.

Praying should be one of our duty as Christians. Cause when we pray, God reveals himself to us. The more time we spent in prayer the more God reveals himself. And through that, we are having a wonderful relationship to the father. We are able to know his views on our everyday decisions and we are getting his answers from our different situations. With time spent talking to God we will be able to praise and worship Him in spirit and in truth. And miracles big or small happens when people seeks God through prayer.

I have also my list of unanswered prayers, but this doesn't keep me from spending time with him because it teaches me about waiting...

This week's quote was from , Christelle of Beloved Mama. She has chosen a quote by Billy Graham.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Testify, testify! Testimony is a powerful thing. Thank you for sharing your heart with us and helping us to remember one of our most powerful weapons in spiritual warfare is prayer - second only to the WORD!

Blessings.

Amico Dio said...

Awesome word! Thanks so much for sharing!!

I too have a long list of unanswered prayer. Looking back at them now I am so grateful that some of them went unanswered. Sometimes we think we know what is best for us but we really don't have a clue.

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for stopping by "In Other Words" this week :0) I appreciate your word...so true...be blessed.