Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Batang Batibot :)

Napapagusap ngayon sa n@w ang tagalog nursery rhymes. Deep inside I'm glad that a lot of us are willing pa rin to teach our children our own children songs. Nakakalungkot kasi I've watched an episode of Singing Bee in ch.2 where they invited the kids of Going Bulilit as their contestants. Many of the children don't know our own nursery rhymes like Bahay Kubo and Leron Leron Sinta.*sigh*

Kaya ako, I see to it that my daughter knows some of our tagalog songs. And I observed, she loves them more than the foreign nursery rhymes. She knows twinkle, twinkle little star, itsy bitsy spider, Barney's I love you and many other english songs but she also loves Bahay Kubo, Pen Pen De Sarapen, Maliliit na Gagamba and Tong, Tong Pakitong-kitong - her most favorite because of the hand actions.

I don't want her to grow forgetting about our culture kasi and think more western. Of course maganda na our children are speaking and learning english to be competitive when they grow but for me, it's also good that our children knows our own culture.

Haay...as I was reading the thread in n@w it brings back childhood memories. Batang Batibot din kasi ako :D and I want to pass it on to my child.

1 comment:

MiLeT said...

guilty ako jan. right now, walang alam na filipino song si anevay. ay meron pala hawak kamay. hehehe!

this reminds me to teach her.

nways got a tag for you

http://belles-lettresofmilet.romelettedlopez.com/2008/05/13/this-is-me-today/

salamat