Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Corndog

I was able to buy cornmeal at healthy options. After the long search, I finally found the cornmeal that I've been looking for since God knows when. And so last Saturday, with my daughter as my assistant, we cooked corndog. See the pictures below? I took the first 5 pictures. The next four were taken by the little girl, she insisted to be my photographer, lol!. And the rest were taken by the husband.




Anyway, I had a hard time frying the corndog since I don't have a pan deep enough to contain the length of the hot dog. So I gave up and used the cocktail size hot dogs instead....lol! See the last two pictures?

Preparing the batter was as easy as ABC. Here's the ingredients of my batter:

3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
a pinch of salt

I just mixed all the ingredients then I coated the hot dogs (which I already placed on barbecue skewers) and deep fried.

They all liked it except for the appearance, lol! I hope I'll be able to buy a corndog maker so I can make perfectly shaped corndogs for the family. :D



No comments: