Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Rain


It's been a while. I haven't posted entries for TT for a month and I missed it a lot. But even though I haven't posted the things I'm thankful for the past week, I haven't forgotten to thank God for them. God is good!

Well, today I'll talk about rain. Our country experienced rain in summer. The rainy season came quite earlier than usual and we didn't understand it. I thought (logically) that it's one of the effects of global warming. Since the month of June came, it's raining incessantly. The classes started last Monday but the department of education canceled the classes since yesterday due to heavy rains. And most people I’ve heard of are complaining on the rain. Yesterday, I received a text message from an unknown sender and the message goes:

“How great is our God? Study shows that Swine Flu Virus (H1N1 – Influenza A) is acquired through air. Ecologist says that the best way to clean the air is by rain. We Filipinos wonder “why rain in summer”? Now we know. God is good…all the time!”

I thought about it and I agreed. We have to thank God even for the rain!

I remember the lyrics of one of the song that I prepared for our worship service last Sunday (my theme is about giving thanks) it goes:

For all you’ve done, for all you’re going to do
We give you thanks and we lift our praise to you…

We give thanks, we give praise
For we know that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR OUR GOOD
We give thanks, we give praise
For by faith we know your grace will see us through..

At any time and any circumstances, we should give thanks to God. For everything has reason and purpose, and God knows everything for He is the author and director of our lives and this world, right? He knows best...


Read more thankful entries here.


10 comments:

Rocks said...

What a wonderful thankful post :) God is good all the time! Rain or shine His love and mercy endures forever!!

Denise said...

Such a nice thankful post dear.

Angela said...

amen amen amen sister...This WAS awesome,,,encouraged and comforted my spirit. Thank you.

PW said...

PTL for the rain. May you be blessed today.

LAURIE said...

Wonderful TT post today! All that talk about rain made me think about how after a long dry spell, rain is a welcomed sight. Spiritually speaking, I need God to rain upon me DAILY, otherwise I will just dry up like a prune. lol. Happy TT! -Laurie

Sarah A. Galang, Ph.D. said...

It's nice to be here. Glad to know that God blesses you always...

http://sarahg26.blogspot.com/2009/06/thankful-thursday-7.html

Jerralea said...

How interesting! I never thought that God may be keeping us safe from illnesses by cleansing the air with rain! WOW!

Isn't He awesome? That's why we need to remember "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Rain OR shine.

Joyeful said...

Great post! Thanking God for even the rain!

Rita T. said...

Great thankful post. We thank God for rain too.

Sherrylinn said...

God is so good! Praise Him for the rain and cleansing the air!