Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

In "Other" words -- a family of faith

This week's In Other Words is being hosted by Loni at her site, Writing Canvas. She has chosen a quote from the book: Family Driven Faith by Voddie T. Baucham, Jr. This week's quote is:

"A family without a commitment to the God of the Bible has
no hope of stemming the tide of cultural onslaught. If we mix a little biblical
truth, a little secular physchology, a little romance novel idology, and a
little eastern mysticism, we will get a deadly mixture of lies. Unfortunately,
this is what many Christian families do . . .
If we are to experience
multigenerational faithfulness we must come to a place where we throw off
the shackles of our culture and live in the fullness that is found only in Christ. We must be people who live the Word in our homes."

~By Voddie T. Baucham, Jr~

I belong to a family that is not perfect, even until now; I cannot say that it’s a perfect family. When we we’re young, my parents are not yet Christians but then I’m thankful that we were raised with good values.

Now that I already have my own family, it’s really a challenge. A challenge for us to raise our children with Christ-like character…a challenge to build a good foundation on our children…a challenge to be a living testimony and a good example to them…and a challenge to build a responsible and Godly family.

It helps a lot that our church is not the typical local churches today that only teach about prosperity, tithing or salvation. It teaches about biblical foundation, spiritual growth, discipline and foundation for Christian families. Because of that I am learning.

I’m thankful that my husband is a man of God….and we have the same FAITH…and this is what I kept on telling my sisters who are still single. That they should obey God in the area of relationship. This is the most critical part if one is planning to start a family. If not….it would be difficult…a REAL struggle. As the bible says..

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

[2 Corinthians 6:14/KJV]


Now, I am committed to kneel down and pray for my family everyday, specially our daughter. My prayer is that we’ll be able to raise our children in God’s way, through God’s words…that we will be a family that does not compromise the faith that we have.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nothing is impossible with God. I am thankful for a Godly husband too. It is my greatest blessing ~