Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In "other" Words: Beautiful Inside and Out



This week, Elisa of Extravagant Grace is the host of In "other" words. She has chosen a quote from Anne Ortlund's book "The Disciplines of a Beautiful Woman." This week's quote is:

"But remember, for all your adult life you'll be a woman. And how you live your life as a woman, all by yourself before God, is what makes the real you. Nothing on the exterior can touch or change that precious inner sanctuary, your heart, his dwelling place unless you let it. And God, who loves you very much has tailor made all your outer life, your circumstances, your relationships, to pressure you into becoming that beautiful woman he's planned for you to be."

~ Anne Ortlund ~

I remember a time I asked my self and God these questions: “Why did God created me as a woman? What is my purpose of living? If I were created the other way, how would my life be like? If I didn’t know Him earlier, would I be the same as I am now? But in time like this, I'll be reminded by God's words that says:

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:15-16 NIV)

and also this verse:

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20 NIV)

I look at my self now and I know that I’m blessed because God created me a woman. When I accepted HIm as my personal Lord and savior, Ibegan to know why I am here. I started to know my purpose. All the difficulties and hardships I’ve gone through, all the experiences, all the things I’ve been through since I was a child until now has helped in shaping my whole being. I am not yet perfect but I am in the process of refinement and perfection…Though the world has its own perspective on beauty, I seek not to be blinded. I thank God for His grace...and everything that I am now is what He wanted me to become.I continuously seek to become a woman beautiful in God’s sight… inside and out.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you took the time to share your thoughts to this quote! It was a blessing to read your post and hear you boast in the Lord!

Blessings, extravagantly,
Elisa