Pages

Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Proverbs 31 Woman

This week’s In Other Words is being hosted by Nina of mama’s little treasures . She has chosen this verse for us to ponder and write about.

"In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet."
Proverbs 31: 19 - 21 (NIV).

I have been a wife for two years and five months now…been a mother for one year and seven months now…and still counting. When I decided to settle down and start my own family, I knew that it would be a total redirection of priorities and balancing of my self. I want to be a good wife and mother as every woman on earth wanted to be. I expect it to be hard but fulfilling…and true enough.

Being a regular employee, working 8 hours a day, a church worker, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a wife with a husband working overseas, and a mother raising her daughter alone temporarily, time management is what keeps me aligned. I have been yearning to be a SAHM so that I can properly guide my daughter’s growing up years. But for now, I cannot. But I know that God has been so good and merciful to me. I was able to balance work and family life and can still get actively involved in my church ministry. I now know how to perfectly juggle my different roles.

As I re-read the passages above, I realized that God created all of us for a purpose…and that women play a vital role in this earth. That God gave us women a special ability on handling the multiple roles of our lives.

I am not a perfect wife or mother, but I’m learning and keep on seeking God’s guidance to be the best wife and mother for my husband and daughter. And with God’s guidance, I know I could be.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Praise the Lord He can take what isn't so perfect and make it valueable. Bless you. Karen

Karen said...

Praise the Lord He can take what isn't so perfect and make it valueable. Bless you. Karen

theworkingmom said...

You ARE a good wife and mother because you realize you are not perfect (nobody is) BUT you try to be the best that you could be :)

Julie said...

[I have been yearning to be a SAHM so that I can properly guide my daughter’s growing up years]

I was single when I became a mother to my daughter. I worked outside the home. God sanctifies the children of all Godly men and women... We have a tendency to put our trust in our own abilities, but God is faithful and will sanctify the children of all His covenent people.

Heather said...

It's all about balance isn't it?

Hopeful Spirit said...

Not every woman was meant to be a SAHM. In fact, many of us never wanted to be. And that's ok. The beautiful thing about this world is that we can all be our uniquely created, individual selves and still be worthy of unconditional love, support and blessings from our Divine Creator.

So while you are balancing all the things in your life and dreaming dreams about future goals, you are still blessed and held in the Creator's loving hands.

Don't forget The Seventh Day weekly blog carnival at On the Horizon! You can submit any post from the previous week by Saturday at noon. It's a great way to gain some new readers. The first two weeks of the Carnival were wonderful and each week it gets better and better. It would be even more successful if YOU participated! :-)

Blessings to you!

Hopeful Spirit
On the Horizon

~ Mhay ~ said...

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words, Karen, Joey, Julie,Heather and Hopeful Spirit :)

I'll be glad to participate on the Blog Carnival :)

Lana G! said...

May you be blessed exactly where God has planted you!

Amico Dio said...

You are putting God first and that is what makes you such a great wife and mom! You are awesome!