Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Let's do our share.

With the present energy crisis, where fuel and electricity keeps on rising, households should think of ways to save and conserve. A lot of car owners now are opting to use public transports such as buses and trains, which is good because less cars running along public roads, less traffic congestions. I think it’s not practical now to use a car when you can commute with the high cost of fuel at P60 per liter! In the case of electricity, I think houses with wine refrigerators separate from the usual kitchen refs should consider using just one. Also another way to conserve electricity is to unplug appliances that are not in use. Turning them off is not enough. As for me, I unplugged my ref during the night and plug it in the morning. I am not sure yet its effect on my electricity consumption. I’ll find out on my next bill but I hope it will somehow lower my bill.


No comments: